Wednesday, August 2, 2017

London Eats (Part II)

London is filled with healthy spots to eat! What I love most is that there are healthier options at almost any restaurant there and they can cater to your specific needs.

There are a few places (that i have mentioned in my older London Eats post) that I have to go to and can not miss! The Mae Deli and Planet Organic are always at the top of my list. 

I love getting my smoothies for my post workouts at Planet Organic that gives me a boost of nutrients for the rest of my day. I also love getting lunch from there because i can choose from a huge variety of healthy food which is always delicious. I even got a chance to try their porridge this time which i absolutely loved. Did i mention that it is only a two minute walk from our stay there?  No wonder it is my "go to"in a rush almost daily!





The Mae Deli changed their setting and I must say I liked it more before where you could choose any 5 items and enjoy everything. Now they have a set menu. I still love it though and had some very satisfying meals there :)





Duck & Waffle
This is one of my family's favourite places to dine at . It is a beautiful place with a spectacular scenery. Breakfast there was delicious. I had the porridge which they made dairy free for me. It was topped with toasted pecans, pumpkin seeds, sliced bananas and their yummy maple syrup. I would definitely go again for that porridge :D


Yo sushi 
Yo sushi happens to be one of my kids and nephews favourite restaurants. I loved how when i told them i have allergies they got me a book with all what is on the menu and a checklist of what they contain in terms of allergies so i was able to choose what suits me!! They made it so easy for me and i really enjoyed their food. I actually don't remember the name of the sushi i ordered and didn't take any pictures as i was busy with the kids getting so excited every time their favourite sushis passed by on the moving tray! The reason I'm mentioning it in my blog is to let you know that if you do end up going there you can ask them for the allergy book so its easier for you to order whats most suitable for you.




Now to my new discoveries, which i suggest you try if you happen to be in London :D


Redemption
This place is so pure and clean. The menu is very simple with just a few options to choose from and everything on their menu is Gluten free, Wheat free, Refined Sugar free and Vegan (Meat, Dairy & Egg free)! The food here is amazing and it feels so good knowing that you have an entire menu to choose from without worrying about anything!


For appetizers we ordered the Grilled Aubergine & Tahini. It was so tasty and flavourful. They caramelized the aubergine with a miso glaze and topped it with toasted pine nuts, pomegranate seeds, sesame seeds and fresh micro basil. For the main course we had the Asparagus & Spinach Black Rice Risotto which contained asparagus, spinach and peas black risotto topped with salsa verde, pecan nut (replacement of parmesan) and rocket. It was so yummy!! For dessert we had the Banofee Pie which was a chewy nutty chocolate base with majdool date salted caramel topped with banana and coconut cream. It was alright, a bit too sweet for my taste. 





The second time we went we couldn't resist the Aubergine & Tahini for appetizers. For the main course we got the Maki Rolls Platter and the Temple Of Ten. The Maki Rolls platter were maki rolls filled with quinoa, avocado, enoki mushrooms, shitaki mushrooms, chives, and toasted sesame seeds with wasabi and micro red amaranth. It was alright but can not be compared to the Temple Of Ten! We absolutely loved the Temple Of Ten. it was a huge bowl of kale, red cabbage, carrots,mange tout, cauliflower, purple sweet potato, spinach, cucumber and mushrooms with chickpeas and a spicy peanut sauce!!! it was so yummy!!! We were too full that day to try any deserts.





Farmacy 
Farmacy has to be my favourite restaurant in London. It is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It offers many delicious plant based dishes from around the globe. It supports both vegan and vegetarian diets and all dishes are free from dairy, refined sugars, additives and chemicals. I like that even though their menu is not all gluten/wheat free, you could still request for that option.

My all time favourite which i had to order every time i went there was their Artichoke Pizzeta! Pizza was one of the things that was most difficult for me to give up so being able to have a delicious pizza in a restaurant was definitely one of my dreams come true! The Artichoke Pizzeta  is served on their homemade sourdough (which is easier for digestion) with a tomato and artichoke sauce, macadamia herb "replacement of cheese", olives, capers, spinach and cherry tomatoes. 


I also like to order the Mezze Feast every time we go there because it seems to please everyone on the table. It has sprouted hummus, quinoa tabbouleh, dolmades, seed tzatziki, falafels, raw olive crackers, pickles and flat bread. Everything on the Mezze Feast is really yummy.


The Farmacy Burger happens to be my nephews and my mum's favourite. the burger is made of millet, black bean & mushroom. It is served with garlic aioli, goji ketchup, avocado, pickles & tomato served in a whole meal vegan bun (gluten free option available). It is served with a choice of sweet potato fries or regular potato fries.


My sisters favourite happens to be the Chefs Green Curry. Its so flavourful and yummy. It is made of broccoli, sugar snap peas, aubergine, mange tout & Chinese cabbage cooked with chilis, coconut, lemongrass & spices served with sprouted brown rice and coriander.


My sons favourite is the Summer Vegetable Tagliatelle which is a spelt pasta with broad beans, peas and courgettes in a herb and cashew cream sauce.


The Mexican Bowl was also good, its made of sprouted coriander rice, romaine, guacamole, frijoles, tomato ceviche, salsa and dairy free sour cream, purple potato, corn chips and dairy free chipotle mayo.


I also tried their Super Greens Soup which is made of spinach, courgette and peas blended with spirulina. It was alright, a bit too heavy.


As for desserts we tried their Nice cream brownie Sundae, Blackberry and apple crumble, sticky toffee pudding and their warm chocolate chip cookies which were all gluten free, vegan and refined sugar free with natural ingredients :) They use banana base to make the ice-creams which my family didn't love that much but i did since I'm used to having at home :) Everyone had a favourite, mine were the Nice cream Brownie Sundae and the chocolate chip cookie!





Their breakfast, brunch and drinks menu is really awesome I wish i had more time to try everything! Next time for sure :)



Señor Ceviche 
I came here with my cousins and it was our first time to try this restaurant. Señor Ceviche is a Peruvian restaurant and their menu besides maybe three dishes are all dairy and egg free!



They are famous for their Ceviches which is basically raw seafood marinated overnight in tigers milk (lime juice, sliced onions, chiles, salt and pepper with a bit of fish juice).

We tried their El Clasico and the BBQ Jerusalem artichoke and they were both so tasty that we kept on using the sauce as a dip for almost everything else that we ordered!


We really enjoyed their sweet potato fries they were made just perfect and our favourite was their Quinoa Soltero which was so good we had to order another one. It is made of black and white quinoa, mizuna (a Japanese plant that is edible and leafy),  roasted beetroots and butternut squash, hijiki seaweed, crispy shallots and sesame tofu dressing.


We loved the service and the vibes in this place, it is also in a nice area to walk around after you're done with your meal. It is certainly worth checking out if you're in London.


Its always exciting visiting London and finding out new places to add to my list :) If you have any suggestions for me to try next time please let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment