Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Sun Dried Tomato Sauce

I have mentioned in my earlier post that I have been experimenting with adding sun dried tomatoes in my recipes since I had recently bought them. Well let me just say that I never knew how much flavour sun dried tomatoes adds to a meal until recently, hence the excitement :)

This red sauce is so tasty that I have been using it as a base for my Vegan Pizza, as a sauce to my zucchini noodles/healthy pastas, as a filling for my stuffed bell peppers and as a lasagne sauce for my zucchini Lasagne.  You can really use this sauce for anything that needs a tomato sauce!

The ingredients are so little and it is so easy to make. All you need is a blender, no cooking required!

Recipe (1-2 portions)

Ingredients
1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes (soaked in water for a few minutes until its soft)
1 small tomato
1/4 small chopped onion
1 clove of chopped garlic
1/2 a lime
1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
pinch of salt & pepper

- Mix all the ingredients in a small food processor and add to your dishes for extra flavour!

Tip: You can double/triple the recipe and store in an air tight container for up to a month in the fridge!


No comments:

Post a Comment