Saturday, March 31, 2018

Almond Flour Za'tar Toasties

I have spoken about my love relation with Za'tar since I was a kid in one of my earliest posts. However to enjoy Za'tar, I usually have it with spelt/buckwheat chapatti's. I try to minimize using flours as much as possible, so this turned out perfect for us!

We love having those Za'tar toasties (I honestly couldn't come up with another name if you have any suggestions please let me know!) at home for dinners or as a snack. They also taste so delicious the next day. They are made with only a few ingredients, easy, fast to make and are kids approved :D

Ingredients
Almond Flour Toastie

1 & 1/8 cup of almond flour (I just process almonds in the food processor to make it into flour)
1 TBSP coconut flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp mixed herbs
1/4 tsp sea salt 
3 TBSP flaxseed mixed in 1/2 cup of water - let the flaxseeds sit in the water for 15 minutes until its a gel like consistency (this is a replacement for eggs - you can use three eggs instead if you can have eggs, I haven't tried it though)

Za'tar Mix

2 TBSP Za'tar (i like getting mine from Wafi Gourmet in Dubai "baladi"type, or Za'tar mix from Lebanon)
1/2 TBSP Linseed oil
1/2 TBSP Olive oil
- you can use omit the linseed oil and use a tablespoon of olive oil, but i like to include linseed oil in our diet for its amazing nutritional properties.


Method

- Pre heat your oven to 177c.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the flaxseed mixture and the oil and stir with a spatula.
- Divide the dough into 10 pieces then flatten with a spatula and bake for 20 minutes.
- meanwhile make your Za'tar mix.
- Add the Za'tar mix and put it back for another 3-5 minutes until it looks crunchy enough for you.



No comments:

Post a Comment