Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Guacamole

Avocados are definitely one of my favourite additions to many things! I use it to make chocolate puddings, frostings and desserts. I sometimes like to add it to my smoothies or spread it on a healthy toast with some red chilli flakes and a squeeze of lemon. I also like to make sauces (check out my AvoPesto sauce recipe on my AvoPesto Zoodles post if you haven't already) and of course as a dip :)

The good fats in avocados have numerous benefits. It helps absorb nutrients, boosts eye and heart health, lowers cholesterol, reduces risks of certain cancers, eases arthritis symptoms, aids in weight loss and is great for the hair and skin!

I have been using this Guacamole recipe for many years now, it's one of my family's favourites. I hope you enjoy making it and devouring it like i do :)

Ingredients:

2 ripe Avocados
1 small tomato
1 small onion
1 chili
1 TBSP of freshly cut parsley
1 TBSP of freshly cut lettuce 
1 TBSP of olive oil
1 lime
Salt & Pepper to taste.

Finely chop all the vegetables, add the rest of the ingredients and mix in a bowl. Serve with your favourite crackers or cut veggies. We usually make this Guacamole as one of the side dishes to our Mexican Feast nights (its in one of my posts in the lunches/dinners).




No comments:

Post a Comment