Thursday, April 13, 2017

Vegetable Thai Curry

I love Thai food because most of their dishes (at least the ones i like) are dairy free! They are known to add immune boosting and disease fighting herbs and spices such as turmeric, coriander, lemongrass, and fresh chillies. I also love how they have variety of healthier noodles to choose from made from rice and buckwheat such as pad noodles and soba noodles. The best part is that they love to use many yummy and exotic vegetables :)

Last night I really felt like having their green curry with rice, so i made a healthier version of the green curry by making the curry paste on my own rather then buying it ready at the grocery store as it probably contains some sort of additives or preservatives. I also used organic light coconut milk and added all the vegetables available in the fridge. I served it with brown rice and it was so delicious!

Recipe

Curry Paste Ingredients

Lemongrass - blended with water to get a paste
A bit of grated ginger
A clove of garlic
1/4 onion
2 chilis without seeds (you can keep the seeds if you prefer spicy)
A bit of coriander 
1/2 tsp of turmeric 
1 tsp of mixed seasoning
1/2 a lime
Blend all ingredients and keep aside.

On a large pan, sauté whatever vegetables you like with some coconut oil (check out my glossary to read about coconut oil's benefits). I used whatever i had in my fridge which happened to be broccoli, cauliflower, papaya, sweet potatoes, carrots, string beans, mushrooms and zucchini. Season it with red chilli flakes, salt & pepper and any other seasonings you like. 
Cover and set aside on low fire.

On another large pan, heat a little bit of coconut oil and sauté some onions, organic yeast free vegetable cube (you can find this in Lulu), the blended curry paste, organic coconut milk and half a lime. 
Cook on medium fire for a while until it thickens a bit then add the lemongrass, vegetables from the other pan, a bunch of spring onions and some frozen spinach and peas.

Serve with some rice and enjoy :)





3 comments:

  1. Hey Amira,

    Made this recipe the other day, had to substitute a few minor ingredients since I didn't have all the ingredients but it still turned out perfectly.

    Veggies used:
    Broccoli
    Sweet Potato
    Regular Potato
    Baby Carrots
    Spinach
    Extra Onions

    Substitutions:
    Lemon with lime
    Coconut milk with almond milk

    Things I added:
    A little bit of coconut palm sugar (Since I didn't have any coconut milk)
    Organic Pure Moringa Vegetable Powder (Superfood with a source of plant protein and other amazing nutritional benefits)

    Wish I could attach photos of how it turned out, but unfortunately it wont allow me. Anyways all in all, thank you for sharing, was easy to follow, worth it as It's very healthy plus tastes REALLY good. Definitely will make this again.


    Hareb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad to hear, thank you so much for you post to let me know :) This makes me super excited to keep on posting new things!
      Loved your substitutions and additions. All the best to you always.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete