Thursday, October 27, 2016

Buckwheat & Quinoa Noodles with Vegetables

The most important thing in this dish is to choose healthy noodles. When I was in London this summer for vacation (check out my out&about to see my favorite healthy places to eat in London if you haven't already), I bought many different types of healthy pasta made from healthy ingredients such as Mung bean & edamame, chickpeas, lentils, black beans and so on. For this meal I used Buckwheat noodles with Quinoa.

Buckwheat is an ancient grain that is gluten free and provides high source of amino acids, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. It is high in protein and fiber with very few calories and no fat. It supports heart health, prevents diabetes and improves the digestive system. Buckwheat is similar to Quinoa where they both contain more starch and less fat then many other types of seeds which makes it easy to be replaced instead of whole grains. I have already mentioned the benefits of Quinoa in my previous post (Quinoa, Tofu & Avocado Veggie bowl with Tahini dressing). Check it out if you're interested :)

Today was one of those days where I got so busy that I completely forgot to plan our dinner so I chose this type of noodles, made some sauce and put it all together and it turned out very good! It took 15 minutes to get this ready :D

Recipe
-Dice some vegetables (pumpkin, zucchini, bell pepper.. whatever you have in the fridge)
-Saute the vegetables in a little bit of coconut oil
-Add diced Tofu (or not) 
-Season with salt & pepper or any seasonings of your choice 
-Add blended tomato juice
-Pour it on top of your noodles
-Optional: Add some cashews




 

No comments:

Post a Comment