Saturday, November 19, 2016

Brown Rice Noodles with Vegetables and Beef

I try to limit my beef intake, however it is one of my family's favorite source of protein, this dish pleased everyone hence it's on the blog :)

You can totally omit the beef and just keep it vegetarian if you like.

As for the pasta I like choosing brown rice or quinoa/rice pasta for the kids. Once you taste it don't be surprised if you never go back to the "normal" pasta!

Ingredients
1TBSP coconut oil
Onions
Beef strips 
Bell peppers
Snow peas
Zucchini
Broccoli
Ginger paste
Garlic paste
Vegetable stock cube (organic and yeast free, you can find this at Alfair)
Seasonings (meat or steak seasonings, pepper & salt)

Method
Saute the onions in the heated Coconut oil
Add a little bit of ginger and garlic
Add the vegetable stock cube
Add the beef strips
Cook for a few minutes, add the seasonings.
I had to add a little bit of water to cook the beef strips.
After the beef is almost fully cooked add the vegetables.
Finally, Add the brown rice noodles (cook as per box directions)

This dish would be excellent with Tamari which is a healthy substitute for soya sauce, unfortunately I couldn't find it here in Muscat, if anyone does please let me know :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment