Saturday, January 21, 2017

Mexican Fiesta

My son loves Mexican food. Sometimes he requests for Mexican dinner nights so this is how we do it.


- Sauté onions and lean minced Australian ground beef (you could replace it with ground chicken or turkey or even skip it if you are vegetarian) with some seasonings.

- Boil some kidney beans.

- Prepare guacamole. I will post my favourite guacamole recipe soon, but this time I just mashed an avocado, added some Himalayan salt and squeezed some lemon juice.

- Prepare Salsa. dice and mix some onions, tomatoes, green chilli. Add lemon juice.

- We use Soya GMO free yogurt found at Alfair MQ.

- My kids love the Mexican cheese blend found at Alfair (i skip this part since its dairy).

- We make fresh flat bread (chapati) made of only spelt flour and water. It tastes so good! We then add everything on and thats it! Easy and delicious burritos :)


Once we are done we like to eat some tortilla chips with the guacamole and salsa or whatever is left. I also like to crumble some of the chips in my burrito for some extra crunch!


I got those healthy tortilla chips from Germany a few months ago. They are made from organically grown whole corn that is naturally sun dried, organic sunflower oil (most other chips use palm oil) and sea salt. It is so yummy if you can get your hands on it I highly recommend it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment