Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Black Bean & Lentil Pasta

I love those pastas, Black bean or lentils are the only ingredient in them! My favorite is the lentil pasta but i like to mix both sometimes. You can find them in Sultan Center sometimes here in Oman, at health stores such as the bio organic store in Dubai and almost any health store around the world! They are becoming very popular because they taste so good, are so filling and you feel like you are eating "real" pasta!

You boil the Pasta as it says in the package (around 6-8 minutes), drain it and then add whatever sauce you like. The AvoPesto sauce will be yummy with this dish (check out my AvoPesto sauce on my previous post).

Today I felt like having it with homemade marinara sauce with steamed vegetables and spiraled zucchini. It is a simple dish that takes a few minutes to put together, tastes good and will keep you full from all the fiber in the black bean and lentils!

For the marinara sauce, I just blended tomatoes in the blender and then added it to sauteed onions and garlic on a pan, I also added 1tsp of tomato paste, some seasonings and a few basil leaves.

That's it :)



Note: For my kids, i like to add lentil pasta to their brown rice pasta to make it more colorful and nutritious.

No comments:

Post a Comment