Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Coconut Oil



Coconut oil has been used for many many years ago in many countries but the benefits were advertised just a few years ago which caused this big hype everywhere! It is now easy to find almost everywhere.

Coconut oil can be used for cooking in high temperatures, as a sunscreen, makeup remover, lotion, hair care, dental care, in coffee as a creamer and a spoonful as a supplement!

Coconut oil strengthens the immune system and helps aid in digestion. It also decreases heart problems and helps in weight loss.

At home we mainly cook with coconut oil. For eggs I like to use olive oil since I use low/med heat. As for salads I like to use olive oil or linseed oil (its best used without heating).  But for all other meals cooked in high temperatures coconut oil is our staple! I love using it in deserts as well. I usually apply it to my hair a few times a month as a hair mask and also as a makeup remover when I’m running out of mine!

For it being so versatile and so beneficial no wonder it is considered a super food!

5 comments:

  1. Interesting! Khulood was telling me about the make up remover.. Never tried it! But for hair it makes miracles! I treat my hair once a week and I see wonders! But the hair mask I use is mixed with olive oil and almond oil. Some people even use cocunut oil as tanning oil.. But it burnt me when I tried that haha

    Interesting facts you got there Amira, never knew about it decreasingin heart problems and helps in weight loss! 👍🏻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Areej, yes coconut oil is really amazing! Some people add a spoonful of it in their morning coffee for a metabolic kick start. It is also used for "oil pulling" where basically you keep the oil in your mouth for a certain amount of minutes then spit it out it has amazing benefits for the teeth and gum health. It's benefits are endless it should definitely be in every household :)

      Delete
    2. Also for your hair mask, try to mix it with Aloe Vera it does wonders :D

      Delete
  2. Amira! I absolutely love your blog congratulations on that! Love this post and I will try and use coconut oil at home for meals 😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much habeebti, it means so much to me that you do. You might taste it at the beginning in the meals but eventually you will start to get used to it and love it, especially knowing that it is so good for your body :)

      Delete