Monday, July 18, 2016

Zaatar (Thyme)

I have always loved Zaatar since i was a kid and now i have a daughter who enjoys it as much as i do :)

Zaatar is made of thyme, sesame seeds, sumac and salt. It is an antioxidant which has anti inflammatory properties. It also reduces blood cholesterol and boosts the immune system. If you haven't tried zaatar yet you should put it on your list to try because it is so yummy :D

There are many ways to having zaatar, the most famous one is zaatar pies where you can make them at home, or get them from an arabic store or at most Mediterranean restaurants.

I like to mix my zaatar with olive oil and linseed oil (Linseed oil is great for reducing inflammation). I then spread it onto my homemade chapati (I use spelt flour instead of the normal flour because spelt flour is very easy to digest. I sometimes also mix in a bit of buckwheat flour to my spelt flour, it makes the chapati a bit sweeter and black in colour).




 

1 comment: